Experimenting with Acrylics

Last month I traveled to London to complete a Golden Acrylics Educators program. I have been using these paints for over ten years now and it felt like a natural progression to develop my more experimental works as well as my own teachings.  I have been cagey enough about posting some of this work for reasons that most of the techniques are still in development  plus it further baffles people who try to categorise the style of work that I do.  It's all paint thou and I make a point of not trying to limit myself stylistically but rather expand my ability to express myself in new ways through painting. I am now of course also an educator for Golden Acrylics so I am happy to share some  of the possibilities one can achieve with there massive range of paints and mediums. 

'Bring your Shopping Home'


I had the idea for this painting four years ago. it has been knocking around the studio for the past 2 years. Acrylic on canvas. The line work is achieved with heavy gel with silver  and micaious iron oxide colour. I meant put stuff in the trolly. I'll have to do a second version..


wire fence landscape
 In this painting. The wire  fence is made with heavy gel medium and painted  with different iridescent  paints copper, silver, gold and pearl. There is interference green used in the landscape and you can just make out a graphic transfer using matte medium under the smalt blue sky. What's it all about? that's another blog!








No comments:

Post a Comment